Elsa Schneider: He's given them to Marcus Brody.Some of you may have recognized the late Denholm Elliott, who played in The Signal-Man, the television adaptation of Charles Dickens' eponymous short story.
Henry Jones: Marcus? You didn't drag poor Marcus along, did you? He's not up to the challenge.
Walter Donovan: He sticks out like a sore thumb. We'll find him!
Indiana Jones: The hell you will! He's got a two day head start on you, which is more than he needs. Brody's got friends in every town and village from here to the Sudan. He speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom. He'll blend in, disappear, you'll never see him again. With any luck... he's got the Grail already.
Marcus Brody: Does anyone here speak English? Or even Ancient Greek? Water, no thank you sir. Fish make love in it… (…) My reputation precedes me.
The New Yorker cartoons
7 years ago
4 comments:
Is Marcus Brody's servant John Rhys-Davies? I think I recognise his voice and stance..
Pity I've never watched those Indy movies..I suppose you won't tell me they suck since you posted quite a few entries about them :)
So I'm going to refrain from asking "are they any good?"
Maybe I should get into it...
Yes, it is. John Rhys-Davies has played Sallah in the first and third Indiana Jones movies. You should definitely watch those movies, but leave out the second one: it's rather crappy (even Steven Spielberg admitted it). As to the fourth one (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull), I've watched it just once at the cinema, and I found it just "all right" because there were blatant plot holes in the script. Moreover, there are scenes which are typically Lucasian (e.g. a sword fight [which, on its own, seems odd in a film set in 1957] between two characters standing on the bonnet of a jeep…; and this is not the weirdest moment). I have to see the film once more, but I wait till the end of the exams.
Btw my favourite Indy movie is Last Crusade, notably because it stars Sean Connery and his lines are brilliant.
you convinced me :)
okay, I'll watch at least the Last Crusade then. Come to think of it (now that you mention Sean Connery), I think I might have seen a bit of it a long long time ago, but in French so we'll have to remedy this!
Oh, you know, the French version of this movie is EXCELLENT! (And I admit I almost prefer it to the original version… Shame on me!) Sean Connery is dubbed by the late Jean-Claude Michel (who, incidentally, had been Sir Sean's "official" voice and that of other actors such as Charlton Heston in Ben Hur or Leslie Nielsen, e.g. Naked Gun). Indy is voiced over by Richard Darbois (famous for his roles in cartoons, e.g. the genie in Aladdin or Buzz Lightning in Toy Story. These are two of the best French dubbing actors, in my view.
Post a Comment