6/04/2008

Alternate Endings: Independence Day

If you happen to read this blog regularly, you'll have noticed that I love alternate endings. I love them even more so when they're about films I like. Take the case of Independence Day, about alien ships trying to invade the Earth after destroying all of its most important cities, causing chaoes, destruction, collective hysteria and such nice things. You have probably seen this classic alternate ending by EditingRoom, with the heroes stupidly crashing and putting an end to the movie a bit sooner than expected:

Now a crossover with Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi:



I found another crossover, but this time based on Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope:


"Who is this? What is your operating number?"

And now, Will Smith welcomes the Apollo 13 spaceship that's just landed:


"Welcome to Earth! That's what I call a close encounter!"

No comments: