I bet you probably wonder how this boy can already have so much money — probably several million$…
Here's a video showing the whole auction of '1'.
In Belgium, really low numbers (ranging from 1 to 100) are reserved for members of the Royal Household. King Albert II traditionally has '1' on his car (especially on the National Day and for other special occasions). Prince Philippe usually travels with the number 43, and auntie Fabi(ola) with 12. Let me also remind you that in Belgium, there are only two sorts of vanity plates:
- a combination of three letters and three digits for €624,00, e.g. DOC-001
- any combination of two letters and three digits for €874,00, e.g. TR.001.
I have a question for you all: if you could get a Belgian licence plate for free, which code would you ask from the administration? Please answer!
2 comments:
Good question. In fact I never thought about it! "ZZZ-999" may be fun. Or "LNU-666" just to park the car in front of the church to shock the few (mad old) women who still go to church.
I saw you listed particular plates so I'll ive you the two (not very original I must admit) I know:
GUN-105
LNU-??? (I don't remember the rest) It can be read "Elle est nue" for the non french native speakers that might read this.
Hey!
I love your new profile picture! I'm looking forward to see that on germ@namur!
As to the vanity plates, the DIV (Division pour l'Immatriculation des Véhicules / Dienst Inschrijving van de Voertuigen) withdrew a series of letter combinations because they could offend some people (including the names of political parties, offensive by definition). However, back then, the DIV didn't think about everything…
This accounts for the fact that you never see such plates as AAP (ape), ANE (donkey), BIL (bottom), BIT (Johnson), CHI ([il] chie = [he] shits), CUL (ass), DCD (décédé = deceased), DIK, DUM, FAT, FDF (Front des Francophones), GAG (joke), GAI (= gay), GAS, GAT (hole), GAY, GAZ, GEK (mad), GIF (= poison), HIV, KAK (kaak = shit), KUT (bitch), LAM (drunk), LUL (asshole), PIK (= Johnson), PIS, PLP (Parti pour la Liberté et le Progrès), PRL (Parti Réformateur Libéral), PSB (Parti Socialiste Belge), PSC (Parti Social-Chrétien), PUA (=stank), PUE ([he] stinks]), PUT (pute = whore), PVV (Partij Voor de Vrijheid), RAT, RIP, SEX, SUL (idiot) TIT, TUE ([he] kills), VLD.
But you do see plates such as CQQ (c'est cul-cul ≈ it's silly), FES (fesse), FUC, FUK, GPT (j'ai pété = I farted), HEX (heks = witch), NAZ (naze = lousy), NRV, PET (fart), PIG, PIP (pipe = blow-job), QBC (cul baissé = ass down), SAL, SUC & SUK (≈ to suck; sucer), SUE (sweats), WAR, XIT (excited), XTC (ecstasy)… And many more!
You'd like to have ZZZ-999, but unfortunately it would be impossible: plates whose combination starts with ZZ are reserved for driving tests… But as to LNU, I admit I had never thought about it!
Post a Comment