2/24/2008

Happy birthday to you, my blog!

Exactly one year after I started this blog — which was perhaps one of the most silly things to do when you shouldn't be wasting your time instead of studying — I decided it was high time to change this blog's lay out and colours. I had opened a poll a month ago, and here are the results on 24 February, round 11.55 pm:

Red
0 (0%)
Yellow
1 (1%)
Dark Green
0 (0%)
Dark blue
18 (33%)
Gray
0 (0%)
Orange
12 (22%)
Brown
0 (0%)
Black
9 (16%)
Light blue
5 (9%)
Light green
6 (11%)
Purple
2 (3%)

Number of voters up to now: 53

The poll is now officially closed, and, as a token of my good will towards you, readers, this blog will be from now on predominantly dark blue with a bit of orange and black. Maybe it's gonna be ugly, but it will be your fault!

Exactly one year after I started this blog, I also thought it was a good opportunity to give you some statistics. Since 24 February 2008, I wrote 386, that is 1,06 blog entry each day (because in the very first months, I posted more than one article a day) even if I wasn't able to write one each day — which was originally my goal — due to exams and holidays.

In just one year, I used not less than 659 different labels, most of which were used only once (e.g. Academy Awards (1) [but I think I'll use it very soon] or iPhone (1) [surprisingly enough]). Now, here are the labels I used the most during one year:
  1. Silly (252)
  2. YouTube (231)
  3. Star Wars (69)
  4. Parody (55)
  5. Combover (30)
  6. Picture (30)
  7. Car (26)
  8. Darth Vader (26)
  9. USA (22)
  10. Song (20)
  11. Namur (19)
  12. Cartoon (18)
  13. Alternate Ending (17)
  14. Dubbing (16)
  15. Jeremy Clarkson (16)
  16. Movies (16)
  17. Episode V (15)
  18. guywiththeglasses (15)
  19. LOTR (15)
  20. Series (15)
  21. University (15)
  22. School Trip (14)
  23. Uncyclopedia (14)
  24. Accident (13)
  25. Dutch (13)
  26. Simpsons (13)
  27. Trailer (13)
  28. Belgium (12)
  29. Crappy (12)
  30. Flanders (12)
  31. Politics (12)
  32. Christmas (11)
  33. English (11)
  34. Episode IV (11)
  35. Translation (11)
  36. Yoda (11)
  37. Britcom (10)
  38. Brussels (10)
  39. BTTF (10)
  40. Cat (10)
  41. Destruction (10)
  42. France (10)
  43. Holiday (10)
  44. Paris (10)
So, basically, I like writing about silly Star Wars parodies on YouTube, preferably featuring a guy with a combover… Of course, such a combination has ever occurred — I mean, the combover thing in Star Wars… But let's do it today, then!

I looked up such a combination in YouTube, but it didn't work. Instead, I can give you videos that I could label as silly, or having to do with Star Wars, etc.

Silly + Star Wars + YouTube:



This guy is a complete retard, a nerd, a pillock, a dumbass, a [please insert an insult here]! The Bible isn't a truer story than the Star Wars saga!

Silly + Combover (these labels always go hand in hand) + YouTube



Silly + Combover + Picture:


I bet he won't be happy with such a defamatory act! Otherwise, Big Brother (aka the KGB) is gonna grab me:

(This is a spoof on KFC, Kentucky Fried Chicken, the well-known fast food outlets.)

Silly + Picture + Uncyclopedia:

(This comes from the Napoleon page.)

That's all for today. Let's see what will have happened in a year's time!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Happy Blog-aversary!

PS: I like the new layout

pierre-yves said...

ditto for the anniversary, but I'm disappointed in the colour :( I voted for orange