5/07/2007

Enter the Mullet

You know I'm the kind of guy who spends a lot of time on the Internet, trying to get something awkward from our world in order to show it to a public of (mostly) strangers. With respect to that, I'm gonna introduce you to a ridiculous hair style. I've already taught you everything I knew about the combover; now, it's time for the mullet!!!

The mullet (or, in French: nuque longue or, in my region mitchelli, but this is not as common as "mullet" as a concept) is, according to Wikipedia:
A mullet is a hairstyle that is short in the front, on the top, and on the sides, but long in the back. The hairstyle was popular during the late 20th Century, from the early to mid seventies to the late eighties/early nineties. Mullets have been worn by both males and females of all ages. The mullet is distinct from the rattail, which consists of a long, narrow "tail" of hair growing from the back of the head.

Still on Wikipedia, I read this: The Dutch term is matje, which means "little carpet/mat". Some people refer to it as a Duitse mat (German mat) as well, implying that this is a haircut typical for Germans.

Just Google "mullet" and find wonderful pictures of idiots, nerds, pillocks, and other morons.

I filmed another bit of La Télé infernale, featuring Miam Monster Miam talking about Mullets and a pseudo "European Contest of Mitchellis" in Ougrée-bas…



Conclusion: "Ça fait partie du tissu social"!!!

No comments: