I admit I watched this cartoon when I was young… Shame on me… But it was great fun. (I'm a real cartoon freak, in case you haven't figured it yet.) Here's the American version:
I found the lyrics on this site (because I couldn't understand them at all):
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Heroes in a half-shell
Turtle power!
They're the world's most fearsome fighting team (We're really hip!)
They're heroes in a half-shell and they're green (Hey - get a grip!)
When the evil Shredder attacks
These Turtle boys don't cut him no slack!
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Splinter taught them to be ninja teens (He's a radical rat!)
Leonardo leads, Donatello does machines (That's a fact, Jack!)
Raphael is cool but crude (Gimme a break!)
Michaelangelo is a party dude (Party!)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Heroes in a half shell
Turtle power!
**********************************
Compare it to the French one:
I think that the lyrics don't have anything in common with the original. (Found here.)
Tortues Ninjas, Tortues Ninjas
Tortues Ninjas, Tortues Ninjas
Tortues Ninjas, Tortues Ninjas
KOWABUNGA le cri des ninjas
Quatre tortues d'enfer dans la ville
Chevaliers d'écailles et de vinyle
Ce sont des guerriers fantastiques
Ils sortent les nunchakus, c'est la panique
Tortues Ninjas, Tortues Ninjas
Tortues Ninjas, Tortues Ninjas
Pour venger Splinter, ils sortent les katanas
Ils sont les meilleurs et font la loi
Mais quand il s'agit d's'amuser
Finie la terreur, on est là pour rigoler
Tortues Ninjas, Tortues Ninjas
Tortues Ninjas, Tortues Ninjas
Tortues Ninjas, Tortues Ninjas
KOWABUNGA le cri des ninjas
(Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles = Tortues ninja… Why such a shortened version? It probably sounded better than "tortues ninja mutantes et adolescentes"…)
I'm also a great fan of the film versions of the series (three movies).
The New Yorker cartoons
7 years ago
1 comment:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that were obsessed with pizza????
Sometimes I wonder how we turned out to be this normal...
Post a Comment