#69 - Mercedes Benz Pullman
#68 - Ford Capri 2.8 Mk III
#67 - VW Corrado VR6
#66 - Ferrari 275 GTS
#65 - Dodge Charger R/T
#64 - BMW Z1
#63 - Ford Mustang
#62 - Dodge Viper GTS
#61 - Peugeot 106 GTI
#60 - Toyota 2000GT
#59 - Peugeot 504 Estate
#58 - Lotus Elan
#57 - Lancia Fulvia
Stay tuned to watch the third part next Sunday!
Apart from that, this Saterday I received a moped! Yes, that's it. It's a Flash 50, which can reach 45 to 50 kmh (anyway I don't need it to go too fast). It's made by Keenex, a Chinese motorcycle company. We (I mean my parents and I) chose this one because it was the cheapest among brand-new mopeds that were displayed in the dealer's shop.But maybe you're wondering why suddenly I have that. Well, I needed it. Ok, it wasn't something that I really needed, but just because I found it upsetting to waste a lot of time waiting for a bus (which sometimes doesn't even show up…—and this happens more often than you think) to get back to my digs (4 km away from the university).
So yesterday I got it and rode a couple of kilometres just to fil the petrol tank, and then go to my student room. But given that I had worked a lot yesterday, it allowed me for more time this afternoon to make a full test-ride.
I rode through Jambes and then I headed for Namur. I chose the route randomly, with the aim of testing the engine and its driving capacities. (By the way, I forgot to mention that I'm allowed to drive such a "classe A" moped thanks to my driving licence.) Yesterday, I was a little bit uncomfortable due to the fact that the wheels are really smaller than that of a bike, and that the centre of mass is lower. But this afternoon I was able get used to it. I went to Salzinnes, but also to Belgrade and up the Citadelle.
Now, I have to admit it's great! Of course, if you haven't experienced it yet, well, you can't actually figure out what it feels. Let's say that if gives you a feeling of greater autonomy, and the impression that you won a battle against busses! (It reminds me of that evil laughter that Jim Carrey utters after the "toilet scene" from Dumb and Dumber; watch the very end of it) Of course I'll sometimes have to take the bus (e.g. if the weather is terrible), but it will (hopefully) occur once in a blue moon.
And before I finish, I had to mention that it was really cold today (about 5°C), and as I forgot to wear my gloves, my hands were about to become blue at the end of my ride. Then I remembered this video from Dumb and Dumber (again) where Lloyd (Carrey) and Harry (Jeff Daniels) go to Aspen using a rather shitty moped, and they are nearly frozen when they arrive…
2 comments:
Yeah and you are quite tall so the wheels must have felt tiny. Why don't you drive a car if you have a drinving license? Too expensive?
Yes, that's it: a car would be too expensive (not only buying it, but also paying for petrol). Of course, a car would be more comfortable, because when you drive a moped while the temperature is below zero degrees, you really miss the bus' warmth. Anyway, I prefer my moped to it. I figure I just got to buy a new pair of trousers.
(Sorry to answer so late, but I totally forgot this comment.)
Post a Comment