
Who's feeling like eating chicken? If so, why don't you go to Oostende, at the Koekoek restaurant, the only one that never closes (there's no lock on the door!) and only serves "kip aan 't spit" (roasted chicken). If you don't believe me, go to
www.koekoek.biz. A half chicken costs a little bit more than 5 €, but it's worth it! Whenever I go to the seaside, I have to go there and eat a half roasted chicken with a "pintje" (a pint), preferably a glass of Maes. But you've got to go there at 11 AM, otherwise there are too many people, and it's especially annoying if they're smoking—at least, it was allowed until 31 December 2006, and I haven't come back there since late December. Wait and see.
On the other picture, you see my mum and dad's hands, eager to eat their succulent meal. I wish I could go there just by squeezing my nose (reference to "Bewitched"). Oh yeah, one more thing: the bread is free and you don't get any knives of forks; use your fingers!!!!
2 comments:
I'm always up for a fork-free lunch
No kidding!
My grand-mother has always refused to go there because there weren't any forks and knives! She doesn't know what she misses.
Post a Comment